Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Resolution

I almost never make these, but I was so happy to maintain a clean house for almost an entire week during part of the Christmas break that I now feel inspired!

I, M WHITE, RESOLVE TO NOT LET ANY ONE DIRTY DISH REMAIN ON MY KITCHEN COUNTER OR IN THE SINK FOR MORE THAN FIVE DAYS AT A TIME DURING THE YEAR OF 2011.

Hey, I'm being realistic.

It was a little scary last month to tackle the stack of dishes and recognize the remains of food on pots and pans that had cooked for events seven or eight days in the past. So five is a big leap for me! PLUS, the gift I gave Kent for Christmas was a promise to deep clean our master bathroom at least once during each calendar month this year. I wrapped that up in the form of yellow gloves. And let me tell you, I was sure glad to be wearing those when I conquered the bathroom last week! (It's bad when the pink shower tiles start turning orange.)

2 comments:

mindy said...

Now that's my kind of resolution. :o)

Charlotte said...

I like the way you think! I hope one day to be in reach of a 5 day dishes goal!