Sunday, July 6, 2008

Boatin' with the Bodens

Last Monday, June 30, we accepted Nate's (my brother-in-law, married to my sister, Christy) invitation to his birthday celebration. If you know Nate, you know that celebration involved boating. We went up to East Canyon Reservoir where the water was glass because there were only two or three other boats there all day. For people who ski or wake board, those were perfect conditions. For me, I just want the water to not be too freezing, because when I am strapped to a wake board, I spend all my time under the water. (See photo five of the slide show.) The weather was perfect, except for a quick rain shower lunch. I must have gotten the kids really worried about lightning because they set up a shelter from the "storm" where they could eat.



At the end of the day, the boat's batteries died and I got a great upper-body workout helping to paddle us back to the marina. That made the adventure all the more memorable! We took the scenic route home through Heber City and topped off a perfect day with dinner and a raspberry milkshake at Granny's Drive Inn. (Not to be passed if you're on that highway.) Thanks Bodens!

No comments: